Source: Economic Events July 22, 2020 - Admiral Markets' Forex Calendar
Even though volatility in Gold has remained subdued over the course of the last few weeks, the precious metal marked new yearly highs over the last few days and the overall picture for Gold stays very positive.
The Citi Economic Surprise Index rose to a new all-time high recently, suggesting that the economic downturn and the risk of a global recession are diminishing, but data from the US Housing market shows rising delinquencies in US mortgages and underlines the rising scepticism in regards to recent earning releases from US banks like JP Morgan.
Reading through the report of Q2/2020 earnings carefully shows that profits mainly came from the corporate and investment banking division, offsetting losses in the consumer and commercial banking sectors, where JP Morgan put $8.9 billion aside for expected loan losses.
These developments help to explain why the Fed Balance Sheet started rising again after five straight weeks of declines, and why we shouldn't expect this development in the near future.
As we expect the 10-year US yields to sustainably drop below 0.60%, to new all-time lows, our outlook for Gold stays bullish, here being a bullish catalyst to drive the precious metal up to its current all-time high around 1,920 USD, with the mode staying technically bullish on a daily time-frame as long as we trade above 1,660 USD:
Source: Admiral Markets MT5 with MT5-SE Add-on Gold Daily chart (between April 23, 2019, to July 21, 2020). Accessed: July 21, 2020, at 10:00pm GMT - Please note: Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results, or future performance.
In 2015, the value of Gold fell by 10.4%, in 2016 it increased by 8.1%, in 2017 it increased by 13.1%, in 2018, it fell by 1.6%, in 2019, it increased by 18.9%, meaning that after five years, it was up by 28%.
Discover the world's #1 multi-asset platform
Admiral Markets offers professional traders the ability to trade with a custom, upgraded version of MetaTrader 5, allowing you to experience trading at a significantly higher, more rewarding level. Experience benefits such as the addition of the Market Heat Map, so you can compare various currency pairs to see which ones might be lucrative investments, access real-time trading data, and so much more. Click the banner below to start your FREE download of MT5 Supreme Edition!
Disclaimer: The given data provides additional information regarding all analysis, estimates, prognosis, forecasts or other similar assessments or information (hereinafter "Analysis") published on the website of Admiral Markets. Before making any investment decisions please pay close attention to the following:
- This is a marketing communication. The analysis is published for informative purposes only and are in no way to be construed as investment advice or recommendation. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and that it is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research.
- Any investment decision is made by each client alone whereas Admiral Markets shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from any such decision, whether or not based on the Analysis.
- Each of the Analysis is prepared by an independent analyst (Jens Klatt, Professional Trader and Analyst, hereinafter "Author") based on the Author's personal estimations.
- To ensure that the interests of the clients would be protected and objectivity of the Analysis would not be damaged Admiral Markets has established relevant internal procedures for prevention and management of conflicts of interest.
- Whilst every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that all sources of the Analysis are reliable and that all information is presented, as much as possible, in an understandable, timely, precise and complete manner, Admiral Markets does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained within the Analysis. The presented figures refer that refer to any past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results.
- The contents of the Analysis should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets that the client shall profit from the strategies therein or that losses in connection therewith may or shall be limited.
- Any kind of previous or modeled performance of financial instruments indicated within the Publication should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets for any future performance. The value of the financial instrument may both increase and decrease and the preservation of the asset value is not guaranteed.
- The projections included in the Analysis may be subject to additional fees, taxes or other charges, depending on the subject of the Publication. The price list applicable to the services provided by Admiral Markets is publicly available from the website of Admiral Markets.